Friday, September 30, 2005

Twelve seconds of silence by Silvio Blatter

"Zwölf Secunden Stille" is the original title of this nice book. It is the story of Marco Rotberg`s life after his retirement from a big newspaper company. I like very much that in fact nothing happens in the story but it deals with his feelings and inner life. A very good insight into old age and retirement.

Another book I`m reading now is "The New Life" by Orhan Pamuk. The plot is typical for Orhan Pamuk: one day a student reads a book which completely changes his life. He abandons everything in search to enter and live the new life envisioned by him after reading the book. I don`t know why but I still cannot get into it. Orhan Pamuk is one of my favorite writers, and I like best his novels "The Black Book" and "Snow". They managed to involve me from the first page into his mysterious and strange world which for now doesn`t happen with "The New Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment